Monday, March 26, 2007

home again, home again...

I am finally back to blogging! I hate that it has taken over two months, but anyone who has regular read my blogs knows that this is not the first time!

Since last time, I have had my "re-do" hernia surgery, and my belly is great! It took a while longer to recover, but it was all worth it. This time they had to use one big piece of surgical mesh to repair my entire abdomen...but enough of the gory stuff. It was bad enough that the surgeon gave me pictures of the whole process. He thought that since I love to learn, and have a masters in education, that I would find it interesting. I found it disgusting! But now it is done.

My back is still a mess. I have a doctor's report on that....scoliosis in the lower back, along with a disintegration of the spine, causing a "narrowing" of the spinal canal. I'll see the ortho guy next month to see what he can do. May just be a matter of shots in the spine to reduce the pain, maybe some chiropractic care or therapy for the scoliosis. Isaac and I can do that together, since we are now the scoliosis twins! And I re-injured my right knee...my old "football injury" from high school. It hyperextended on Saturday, and I am walking on and off with a cane...fun, fun. But I'll be okay. I may have to mention this latest problem to the orthopedic doctor, though! I'M OLD...I'M FALLING APART! :-)

Russ is carrying an "a" average in his masters!!!! I am proud of him. This week is an awful, bu exciting week for him. He begins some extra sub work at Wood Lane Industries, where he will work with the older "challenged" folk. He is preaching this next Sunday at church. And Thursday morning, he is taking the test to have his credentials reinstated by the Assemblies of God. Whew! God, strengthen him over the next few days.

I am trying my best to be a woman of the Word, to be a blessing to my husband. I sure could use his help around the house right now, and there are rooms I would like to paint, but i will do as much as I can by myself. It would be downright rude of me to ask anything else of him! i am busy with church work, too. I'm singing on our worship team, I'm heading up "Kidz Praise", our Sunday AM program for birth through age 12, I'm doing the bulletin, I'm starting a newsletter in may, and I am designing a website, to begin next Sunday! (puff, puff, puff....)

The kids are growing, growing, growing! We have Isaac's second parent-teacher conference of the year on Friday morning, and those are always fun...truly! He also has an eye doctor appointment immediately following. Our doctor is AMAZING when it comes to checking the kids' eyes. He is an opthamologist, specializing in special needs kids and small children. Dr. Neville is phenomenal!

Emma can't wait for Wednesday. She and I are going to the Jordan Center to get her signed up for headstart preschool in the fall. Since she STILL refuses to be potty-trained, headstart was the way to go. If she persists, they will help us potty-train her! She'll start in August.

Ronnie is almost 17 months, and still refusing to walk completely on his own. I have very strong-willed kids! So next week, our buddy Beth Instone from Help Me Grow will come and do an initial evaluation on him, and he may start Early Intervention classes, also the the Jordan Center. I may be putting three kids on the school bus instead of just one VERY SOON!

No more dogs at the Ewing house! Ellie just got too big, and she has been adopted out. We did get another cat, one that looks just like our old friend, Moe, who ran away last year. So his name is Moe Two. He is a brat, but adorable.

There's an update for you....and I'll keep on trying to journal as often as I can. Lord, help me to minister in some way through these words. I dedicate this part of my life to You, as well as every other part, every crack, every crevice. Thank You for my life, God. Thank You for my husband. Thank You for my "Zoo"! More later...

No comments: